In the fall of 2016, UC Berkeley secured a partnership with Brita to help promote zero waste sustainability efforts and student health on campus.
The parternship will directly support and extend Cal Zero Waste's "Refreshing Refills" campaign, which functions to help the university reach zero waste by 2020 through encouraging the campus community to drink from reusable containers.
Main details of the parternship include:
- Monetary support to eight campus departments and organizations each year.
- Brita product donations to campus ever year, including distribution of Brita products in every university owned residence hall.
- Support of the Refreshing Refills program.
- Replacement of outdated water refill stations, as well as installation of new stations in high-need, high-traffic campus buildings.
- Brita products sold at the ASUC Student Union, Cal Dining locations, Recreation Center and other campus locations.
- Establishment of an on-campus Brita filter-recycling program with Cal Zero Waste.